Three card spreads are versatile, layered, and insightful. The question can pertain to your daily routine – a morning spread for seeking guidance about the upcoming day’s challenges is common, but pulling cards weekly or monthly to check with your soul every once a while is fine.
When looking for an insight into your situation, the cards may simply represent the Past, Present, & Future or the states of your Mind, Body, & Spirit. When faced with a specific choice, three cards may represent Option one, Option two, and What needs to be considered to choose.
If conflict with another person is the reason for the question, the three cards spread may go like this:
What another person might want / What I want / Where the conversation is heading.
You can make the three cards spread about anything you like, really.
Before you pull your cards, form a clear question and know what each placement represents for smoother interpretation.
Here are some other possibilities:
- The nature of your problem / The cause / The solution
- Context of the situation / Where you need to focus / Outcome
- Where you stand now / What you aspire to / How to get there
- What you can change / What you can’t change / What you may not be aware of
- You / The other person / The relationship
- What you want from the relationship / What they want from the relationship / Where the relationship is heading
- What brings you together / What pulls you apart / What needs your attention
- Strengths / Weaknesses / Advice
- Opportunities / Challenges / Outcome
- Your conscious mind / Your sub-conscious mind / Your super-conscious mind
- Phisical state / Emotional state / Spiritual state
- You / Your current path / Your potential
- Stop / Start / Continue
- What the Universe wants you to be / The personal qualities required / Specific action required
- Current situation/ Challenge/ Potential outcome
- Within/ Without / Advice
- The issue / Action to avoid / Action to take
- Shadow / Soul / Let two be one – messenger oracle
SIGNS TO LOOK FOR IN YOUR 3 CARDS SPREADS
If you have three Major Arcanas (Trumps) in your spread, that may indicate a “destiny” moment or a pivotal period in your life; a grand, karmic moment over which you probably have little or no control.
If in your reading you have three Minor Arcanas, that points to a moment or period of time in your life over which you have a good amount of control, so watch out what you say and do, your behavior and decisions can change lots of things!
If any numbers repeat, the energy of that number is strengthened. If the numbers are appearing in a row – for example, 6,7,8 – that would indicate progress, energy going up, the unfoldment of something, a problem reaching new heights. Similarly, if the numbers go down consecutively – 5,4,3 for example, that is a sign of energy diminishing, the issue might be becoming smaller, less visible, going away, or our progress is smaller and smaller.
Three Court Cards might suggest other people or the qualities of your character at playing a key part.
An abundance of Wands might suggest that your life purpose, will power, career, creativity, is a key factor. An abundance of Cups might suggest that issues on an emotional level, love, creativity, or sex are key factors. An abundance of Swords might suggest conflict, mental anxiety, worry, fears, or health is a key factor. An abundance of Disks might suggest money or health is a key factor.
Have fun making up your own 3 cards spreads. And if you find that the information provided in your reading is too narrow or too wast, there’s a remedy for that, too. But, we will talk about that next time.
Until than, have a blessed day and a magical reading.